Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gratituesday: Honored Again -- I Am Now Blogging at OJTA Sensational Homeschooling Once a Month

Yesterday, I mentioned how honored I felt to be asked to guest post at Hartley Steiner's wonderful Hartley's Life with 3 Boys blog.  Today, I am thrilled to announce that on the heels of that invitation came another one, from Tiffani Lawton, an incredible homeschooling mom and austism/SPD advocate who is beginning a new blog called OJTA Sensational Homeschooling as a sister site to the established and comprehensive site Our Journey through Autism that she heads up.

The new OJTA Sensational Homeschooling is modeled after OJTA, but with an emphasis on homeschooling children with Sensory Processing Disorder and other "glitches" like Auditory Processing Disorder, ADD/ADHD, fine motor delays, etc.  It is just getting started, but promises to to be a rich resource for those who visit often -- regardless of if you have a child with special needs.  (Sensory activities help all children!)  Both experts and "Sensational Mamas" like me will be posting on it, offering perspective, concrete ideas and all sorts of tid bits related to our similar, yet unique experiences.

You will find my introduction at the site here.  In it, I explain just a bit about Luke's SPD, which is something I guess I have never done much of here at Training Happy Hearts.  And my first official activity post is up today.  Then, from now on, on the 15th of each month, you will find another post by yours truly (life balance allowing), and, in between, helpful posts by other parents and professionals alike.

God sure is leading me into both a supportive and a supported role in the homeschooling -- with SPD -- journey.  I look forward to sharing about it here and on OJTA Sensational Homeschooling as time goes on.

To be inspired by what other folks are grateful for today, please visit the links at Heavenly Homemakers.

1 comment:

Tiffani Lawton, OJTA said...

Thank you Martianne! It is an absolute pleasure to have you on our team at www.SensationalHomeschooling.com

Tiffani Lawton, RN

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails