Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Readers, Please Share Your Opinions

Readers,

As the new year looms just around the corner, I know my recent burst of blogging energy and time is about to dissipate again, so even though I have a list of things I want to document and share in my mind, I also have a few quick questions for you.  I would be grateful if you took the time to leave a comment in response: 

  • What kind of posts do you most enjoy here at Training Happy Hearts?
  • Is there anything you’d like to see me writing more or less on? 
  • Would you like to see more on sensory topics, faith, a particular type/philosophy of education we are inspired by, home management, organizing attempts, reflections or something else?
  • Would you like longer posts?  Shorter posts?  Or a combo?
  • Do you have other “requests” for making the sharing of our family’s journey here more helpful to you and your family?

Why do I ask? 

Well, as it says in the sidebar, we began this blog “to journal about our learning – both the kids’ and the adults – as we more fully embrace the adventure of following God’s call in each of our lives”.  Since doing so, I have found that this blog is as much “for us” as “for you”, our readers, and have been feeling called to use it as a way to help others as much as a way to journal for ourselves.  So, I’d like to know what you’d most enjoy or benefit from reading here.

I know this might seem silly, but it is a part of my quest for “J.O.Y”, which is something I have been thinking a lot about this year (even if I have not written much about it).  J.O.Y. was an acronym that came to me during the first days of the year.  It means “just offer yourself”.  I cannot offer much here online, but in letting J.O.Y permeate all aspects of my life, I want to make a conscious effort towards offering what I can of "me" to benefit you and yours.

Similarly, one of the main reasons my posting here waxes and wanes is that in order for me to offer myself to my children, husband and home better, I sometimes have to abbreviate time spent writing and reading online.  This is difficult for me -- as I so enjoy being online -- but it is important to discipline myself, I think.

When I do have time to be online, I seek to not only “selfishly” journal about our family’s journey with life and homeschooling, but to do so with an eye (or rather, typing hands) for others.  Indeed, I feel called to consider you, your wishes and your needs.

So, thank you in advance for helping me with my quest to best use the limited time I have for blogging as a way to meet my call to motherhood, homeschooling and J.O.Y.  I truly appreciate your thoughts and requests. 

Please, don’t be shy.  Be candid.  Let me know what you do (or don’t!) want to read about at Training Happy Hearts.  I value your opinions!

Thanks and blessings!
Martianne

P.S.  If you have not already done so, please consider voting for us by leaving a comment, which acts as a vote, over at our entry at My Special Needs Network.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I basically began following your blog because of a combination of our similar styles paired with special needs homeschooling. I am still working through how to homeschool our asp aspburgers son and would really like to read more about what it is honestly like to homeschool a child with special needs (the good, the bad, the ugly) combined with practical information as well.

Jane Ellen said...

More sensory solution/activities please!

I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger award. Please see my blog post on Oct. 15 to accept your nomination and pick up your button! Follow the directions there.

Mama Pickles said...

I really enjoy your faith formation posts. I am trying very hard this more with my children. They go to Sunday School during Mass, but I really feel it's my responsibility to teach them more. I also like your sensory posts. I found the book Learn to Move, Move to Learn through your blog and my boys and I love it! I am also interested I'm your homeschool posts. Right now we are debating and praying about what will be the best choice for our son with PDD-NOS as he will be in kindergarten next year.

Floortime Lite Mama said...

I love the joyful practicality of your blog posts
I haave personally been thinking about shorter posts for myself- not for you - I think your length is perfect - I do go on and on

The girl who painted trees said...

I like the faith formation posts the best. This is why I read your blog. I am Catholic and find it hard to find Catholic faith formation resources. There is so much out there that is Protestant. Thank you for your posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails