Sunday, December 27, 2015

Want Ideas for 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments?


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, swap-fever has hit our local Catholic homeschooling group.  That means these beautiful hand-painted saint peg dolls were under the tree for my children on Christmas morning.

http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2015/11/saint-peg-doll-swap.html
It also means that all throughout Advent my children were able to enjoy hanging hand-crafted Jesse Tree ornaments on our Jesse Tree each night just before snuggling in for bedtime stories next to one of our Advent wreaths.


http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2015/11/jesse-tree-swap-ornmanet-ideas.html

Now, it means the children get to continue hanging hand-crafted ornaments until Epiphany as we make our way through the ornaments I received in our last swap and the 12 Days of Christmas devotional that I shared yesterday.

12 Days of Christmas Ornament Designs


Before organizing the ornaments and devotional in a box near our Jesus candle and Christmas tree, I photographed the ornaments.  Perhaps you'd like to take a peak at them to get some ideas for crafting your own 12 Days of Christmas ornaments:

Days 1 and 2 Fronts

Days 1 and 2 Backs

Days 3 and 4 Fronts

Day 3 and 4 Backs

Days 5 and 7 Fronts (I have yet to get a Day 6, because they were short on them at the swap.  There are Day 6 pics I took at the swap down further in this post though.)

Days 5 and 7 Backs

Days 8 and 9 Fronts

Day 8 Back and Day 9 Front

Days 10, 11, and 12 Fronts

Days 10, 11, and 12 Backs

I have photos of alternate ideas for inspiration, too (in no particular order):


Alternate Days 1 and 7 Fronts

Alternate Days 1 and 7 Backs

Super Cute Ladies Dancing Front

Day 9 Back
Alternate Day 2 Front

Alternate Day 2 Back

Alternate Day 3 Front

Alternate Day 3 Back
Alternate Day 5
Super Cute 6-Sided Day 6






Alternate Day 8 Back

Alternate Day 8 Front

Alternate Day 4 Front

Alternate Day 4 Back

Why all these alternate styles?   I wish I could say, "because I have two sets of ornaments."  Such is not the case, though. 

The real reason is because the organizer of this swap actually ran two swaps at the same time.  Some moms signed up for slots in both swaps so they could get one set of each style, but given my other commitments, I knew I would only have time to complete one set of 13 ornaments to swap.  So, I simply snapped photos of the ornaments at the other swap tabla fellow blogger, Shannon, who shared pictures of what she received at Homeschooling Papist.

Why Make 13 Ornaments if There Are But 12 Days of Christmas?

After the
hand-painted saint peg dolls swap I did, in which the organizer of this 12 Days of Christmas ornament swap participated, she and I had the same idea at almost the same time:  Wouldn't it be great if we all completed just one extra item for the swaps and then ended up with a set to donate?  So, beginning with this swap, the "one extra" idea was implemented. 

Coming soon, that will mean I try my hand at woodburning making 13 Lenten Resurrection Eggs so we'll have an extra set to donate.



I'd love to see YOUR 12 Days of Christmas ornaments, too - handmade or not - so please post a link here or post a picture on the Training Happy Hearts Facebook page.  Happy Christmas season!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That was a lot of fun! The other swap came out great, thanks for the link! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails