Now that the New Year is here, what will you be doing with the Christmas cards you received? In our home, we will be using them to B.L.E.S.S others. It's simple:
- Put all the cards in a basket, large envelope or pocket protector.
- Print out a page of our B.L.E.S.S Flip Cards, cut them into cards, laminate them if you wish and put them on a key ring.
- During prayer time, select one Christmas card, look who it is from and then use the B.L.E.S.S Flip cards to guide your children in praying for that person.
- Finally, if you wish, write the person a traditional or electronic note to let them know you are praying for them. (We all can use the lift on some days, knowing we that someone took the time to lift us up in prayer.)
- cards with simple images that my son picked out to help him and his pre-reading siblings remember what each letter of the B.L.E.S.S. prayer acronym stands for
- cards with blank spaces for children to draw their own images or to brainstorm key words for blessings
- cards with brief textual prayer guidelines
- cards with a sample prayer
From our family to yours this New Year, we wish you physical strength and protection; love and discernement in living your calling; peace, hope and love in your daily life; rich relationships with others; and continued growth in your spiritual life. May the year ahead be B.L.E.S.S.ed for you and yours!
Being re-shared at: