Thursday, October 17, 2019

Engaging Entertainment without Electronics! {A Brain Blox Review}


Open-ended play. Brain teasers. A way to keep hands busy while listening ears tune into read alouds and audiobooks. We have appreciated 
Brain Blox Wooden Building Planks by Brain Blox as a way to enjoy all of these things and more since receiving an awesome 200 plank package of them for review. 




We've also gone straight to the ceiling with fun!


What Are Brain Blox?


Brain Blox, in a nut-shell, are child-safe and environmentally-friendly, open-ended blocks that use balance, friction and your creative brain to build structures, create designs, and solve puzzles.


More specifically, they are inviting New Zealand pine wood planks that are:

  • 100% natural
  • non-toxic
  • free from stains, paints, dyes, and chemicals
  • precision-cut
  • sustainably-sourced


Plus , they require no magnets nor connectors of any kind and are just plain old fun!

Why Choose Brain Blox?


Brain Blox foster smiles, imagination, and learning as they provide countless hours of engaged play and STEM activities.


From our experience, Brain Blox encourage kids and adults alike to build towers...



ships...



 and more... 




With Brain Blox, you can create chain reactions, make mazes, meet challenges, and solve brain teasers... 





You can imagine something and, then, build it!





All the while, 
Brain Blox can help strengthen your brain's development by naturally incorporating hands-on math, physics, and engineering concepts into building while encouraging problem solving and reasoning abilities and improving dexterity and spatial awareness.


When you are using Brain Blox , you inevitably get creative, test ideas, experience cause and effect, strengthen perseverance, and let loose your imagination.




Plus, if you use 
Brain Blox with others, you tend to build cooperation and social skills while you're having fun!




So, yep, though seemingly simple, 
Brain Blox are brilliantly designed to encourage you to turn off screens and engage in hands-on, constructive, imaginative play and learning! 




What Did We Think of Brain Blox?




Since our Brain Blox arrived in our mailbox, they have taken up regular residence in our living room, and my children and I have been reaching for them regularly.




My oldest son, 13, said:
I enjoy Brain Blox. I think they are good for children of all ages, because they are enjoyable and can be used to create structures. I especially liked trying the brain teasers.

As you can see from the photo above, he also liked helping spot his baby brother as his brother tried experiments!



My 12-year-old daughter said:

I liked Brain Blox for playing when my mom was reading boring stuff and when we had Together Time. 


What did I do with them? I did a couple challenges, but mostly just built - even to the ceiling!


I like Brain Blox because they are sturdy, they are made of real wood, and they come with a bag to carry them.



You don't have to do a certain thing with them, but can use them for whatever you want.



I also like the pirate video that has one of my favorite pirate songs in it.

My youngest son, at nine, has a blast building. He said:

I liked Brain Blox because they are very good when you are listening to something being read or to just do something with your hands. 


I did challenges and built ships. I especially liked stacking them up high.  We touched the roof! 


I think children from ages 6 to 13 - like my older brother - would enjoy them. They would be safe for little kids, too, because it would be pretty hard to choke them. 



I will add that adults like Brain Blox, too.  At least I do!




I appreciate their simple yet inviting design, how they keep hands busy during read together times, and also, how they inspire imaginations during open-ended play.  




I also love how 
Brain Blox can be used for brain teasers with free ideas online.  




Further, I have found them quite handy to grab as an educational manipulative when reviewing multiplication and other concepts and love how they bring my kids together!

So, in summary, I'd say:

Brain Blox may seem like just a box of wood at first glance, but there is just something about the precision-cut planks that captures imagination, invites play, and encourages engagement. In a word, I think Brain Blox are brilliant! I'd recommend them to anyone.


At home, or out and about with the included carry bag, 
Brain Blox are loads of fun!

Learn More


If you ever run out of ideas for Brain Blox, there are loads of FREE PRINTABLES and ideas available to jump start you in continued fun!


Fifty-five Homeschool Review Crew families have been getting creative with Brain Blox. Find all of our reviews, including some video reviews.

https://mybrainblox.com/

You might also enjoy clicking over to the Brain Blox website, where you will find free kids' journal printables, videos, and freebies. You might also enjoy our recent review of another Brain Blox product: Fun Family Chess.


Plus, of course, you can connect on social media:


Crew Disclaimer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails