In honor of International Clean Hands Week, I thought I would share some of the free resources I have been checking out for planning some early school year curriculum, habit training and practical life activities while highlighting the importance of handwashing.
- Slater Software offers a Washing Hands Social Story.
- Caught Dirty Handed is a fun experiment we might try here at home which tests the effectiveness of different hand washing times, techniques and materials.
- The Scrub Club offers a song recording for handwashing, online games and videos, parent tips, a teacher guide and downloads in Spanish, French and English.
- Little Acorn Learning shares Handwashing Songs.
- A Handwashing Chart is our very own printable to hang up by your sink.
- Henry the Hand offers a variety curriculum materials, including a free curriculum kit.
- School Nurse Janet Friederick and the Prescott Early Childhood Center Students present a five-minute handwashing video.
- Glogerm offers handwashing lesson plans and printables for grades K-6.
- GoJo offers educational materials including online video games, posters and K-5 lesson plans that feature their fun-loving mascot character Clean Gene.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers free posters, handouts and game materials for "Sinking Those Germs".
- The Minnesota Department of Health offers comprehensive hand hygiene resources including posters, information, curriculum plans and printables.
- Wash Your Hands provides a booklet, video and posters in both English and Spanish.
We'd love to hear about your favorite handwashing songs, books, materials and strategies, too. Please leave a comment or link
This post is being shared at We Are THAT Family's Works for Me Wednesday, because our Handwashing Chart and keeping germs at bay through handwashing work for us!