Monday, November 14, 2011

Crock Pot Applesauce Printable Children's Recipe Cards

Quite a while back, I saw Cookin Cards: Individualized Cooking Recipes for Classroom Snacks in a Montessori Services catalog and wished I had a set to help guide my children's Practical Life food preparation skills.  However, at nearly $30, I just could not justify the cost-benefit ratio of the cards.  For while the cards look wonderfully designed, with both notes for educators about suggested pre-cooking activities and step-by-step drawings of how to make each recipe, they also looked like something I could almost make myself.

"Could" and "will" are often two very different things though.  Somehow,  making cooking cards for my kids got back-burnered.

Then, recently, I saw Heidi's awesome homemade Banana Blender Cookie cards at Work and Play.  These brought the idea of step-by-step pictorial cooking cards for the kids back to the fore of my mind.  Thus, I began creating some with a simple GFCF, sugar-free recipe that my children and I enjoy making every autumn (and sometimes at other times in the year):  


Crock Pot Applesauce  

I think I have turned my Publisher file for these recipe cards into a PDF correctly and uploaded it to a site for your ease of download.  So, please feel free to give it a try by clicking here.  (Off course, if it doesn't work, let me know.  I am new to this way of sharing files.)

To use the cards with your children, simply print them, cut them and laminate them if you wish.  Then, put them in a flip photo album, on a ring or in a recipe file box, and follow the steps, one card at a time.

I hope you and your children enjoy this simple recipe as much as we do.

Next on my Montessori Recipe Cards printable list will be one our favorite protein-packed GFCF pancake breakfast recipes.  I aim to have it up within a couple weeks.  So, stop by to check for it, and, if you have any tips or requests for improving the format of the cards before I post the next ones, please share your thoughts in a comment.

Happy "I Can Do It" kiddo cooking!

I am linking this post to my BloTaAcMo initiative, as I knocked three more things off my task list in preparing this post:  figuring out how to convert a Publisher document to a PDF, opening an account for sharing files online and linking blog posts to items to share.  Hopefully, I did all this correctly....  If you've managed to publish a post that you've been meaning to for quite some time, or if you have blog tasks and tips to share this month, please feel free to link them up to the linky at my initial BloTaAcMo.



This post is being shared at Montessori Monday hosted by One Hook Wonder and Living Montessori Now, where you'll find many wonderful ideas for exploring Montessori with your own children.  It is also being shared at:



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the photo, your children look like cooking comes easy for them:) Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and the wonderful recipe cards. I am printing them off right now. I really do enjoy reading your blog, I learn so much!!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful recipe cards for children...and before I got to the end I was going to suggest you submit it to Living Montessori Now and One Hook Wonder for them to share with their readers as well—your cards are worth sharing. Wonderful that you did! You did a really nice job of presenting your activity here.

Noor Janan said...

This is another great download! Thank you so much for sharing.

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

We L-O-V-E homemade applesauce - especially when it is still warm!! But I've never made it in the crockpot before. I will have to give it a try =-) THanks for linking up to TGIF!
Beth =-)

Deb Chitwood said...

I LOVE crock pot recipes! And this is such a wonderful activity for kids. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely printable, Martianne! I just downloaded it to save for when I have grandkids! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and added it to my Montessori-Inspired Apple Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/09/22/montessori-inspired-apple-unit/

Martianne said...

I am so glad that you all find this helpful - and, Deb, thanks for guiding people to your helpful post through your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails