Sunday, October 21, 2018

What Do You Like, Mama?

"What do you like?" my daughter asked me tonight.

"Hiking. Berries. Snuggling with my kids. Walking in the woods.  Reading stories with you..." I rambled on for a minute with a stream of conscious list.

I neglected to state, though, the most important things:

God.

Life.

Love.

You, my child.  And Daddy.  Your siblings.  Our family.  Our friends.

The way God has created each of us with gifts and talents that can guide us to specific purposes in life ... to the way we are to live and share love in this world.

What do I like, my dear child?

The opportunity I have to live my vocation to married life.

I know.  I know.  I don't always live it well, but I am ever grateful for each bit of grace and mercy extended to me as I live my calling as wife and mom.

One day, dear child, when you have grown and moved through the process of recognizing your own vocation, I pray you are just as grateful.

Married. Single. Religious. Ordained. Whatever life you and your brothers may be called to, may you each live it with love, knowing always, Mama loves you and thanks God every day for gifting me our family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails