Thursday, October 4, 2018

Printable Books of the Bible Summary Sheets {A Review}

I admit, although I know many Bible verses, can retell many Bible stories, and have no problem sharing Bible truths, if you named a book of the Bible and asked me to offer you a handful of its salient points, a summary of its stories, or highlights of its verses, I may not be able to do so on my own without some research and thought.  A quick look at Books of the Bible At-a-Glance by Teach Sunday School, though, can help me remedy that!


It can also help me tell you who wrote ache book of the Bible, when, and where the books are found in the Bible, and what the "claim to fame" of each is.

I just love how each of the 
Printable Books of the Bible "Summary Sheets" offers a well-organized, easy-to-digest snapshot of an entire book on the Bible in a visually appealing way.  It is so handy!


Recently, my children and I have been reading a Christian fiction book about Jericho.  Enter the Book of Joshua page to give us some quick context and food for thought...





...and also some quotes for copywork.






One of my children is reading through books of the Gospel this year as part of his studies. 



So, enter the Luke page to give him an overview to pin his readings on.



Indeed, having the 74-page 
Books of the Bible At-a-Glance pdf e-file on hand has proven a helpful resource for my family when we find allusions to Bible stories in the various books, videos, and audios we dive into. It makes it easy to key into when different Bible stories happened in history, what important points about them are, and more.

We use 
Books of the Bible At-a-Glance as a quick reference in our home.  I can also see it being used as a stand-alone resource for anyone who would like to do a concise study of the books of the Bible.

Anyone, that is, who does not mind that the
 Books of the Bible At-a-Glance is missing the deuterocanonical books.   Fellow Catholics, do take note that this Bible resource comes up seven books short according to our Bible.  However, do not let that deter you from considering Books of the Bible At-a-Glance.  I can attest that in using it so far we have found it convenient, quick, eye-pleasing, and helpful and my children have not yet noticed the missing books.  (I am waiting for them to so we can chat more about the development of the Bible and also so I can challenge them to make their own summary pages for the deuterocanonical books.)


Any which way, I am glad to have Books of the Bible At-a-Glance in our collection of resources and have found it to be a quick and handy go-to.

As indicated, I have only used it as an at-our-fingertips electronic resource to go along with reading we are already doing - sometimes printing out pages for easy off-screen reading.  I can also see 
Books of the Bible At-a-Glance working as:








  • a conversation starter (using the "Important Points" section
  • an introduction or review of the Bible as a whole (minus the  seven Old Testament books found in the Catholic Bible that some other Bibles disclude)
  • a help for timelining and placing Bible history in context
  • a source for quotes for copywork, speeches, and more
  • a resource for quiz-show like games (using the claims to game, famous stories, and more)

Simple, streamlined, and successful in its goal to "give famous characters, Bible verses and situations placement and context", Books of the Bible At-a-Glance is a resource I can recommend.



Learn More

Find all the reviews.


Seventy-five Review Crew families have been using Books of the Bible At-a-Glance in various ways.  Check out the other reviews for more ideas on how to use this wonderfully handy product.



Find Teach Sunday School on social media;



Crew Disclaimer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails