Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Call to Kindness

A kindness from my daughter.  On a "tough" day, she made me this.  On another tough day, it resurfaced.  Each time, it brought me smiles.  A brief act of kindness perpetuated in its effect.
Earlier this week, I began a post for today, but as the week unfolded, I never finished it.  

Hours ago, I was awakened in the the night by an urge to pray.  I followed it.  

Eventually it led me to getting out of the warmth of the blanket cocoon I was praying in, to turn on my computer and to read today's readings.  

Doing that led me to this post, words I heard and feel compelled to share.  So, today I am not sharing about a Call to Faith Formation in Young Children as much as a Call to Kindness for All.  Simply:

Wednesday, I received news that my niece had died.

Thursday, God spoke to me through the First Reading: "turn our mourning into gladness and our sorrows into wholeness".

Friday in Responsible Psalm, He put simple words to my deep thoughts and prayers, "I trust in the LORD; my soul trusts in his word. My soul waits for the LORD."

Saturday, I read the words, "“You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you," and thought of the blame game that some people play during crisis.  Instead of coming together, some vilify others.  It is sad.  So sad.  And so wrong.  And, thus, I began to pray for those who are not only hurting from loss, but hurting others because of it.  

Today, the word that shouted at me as it sat amidst the daily readings is "kindness".  Reading the word led me to pray, "May love and kindness be the main focus of this day. And healing.  Please perpetuate good.  Don't let loss and hurt magnify anything but love."

It made me think:  Kindness.  Such a simple word.  One we hear and learn about from our earliest childhood days.  One we are forever called to make an anthem of our lives, acting in love towards ourselves and others as a manifestation of His love for us and ours for Him.

Today, how can we each truly be of one kind -- one loving people -- sharing acts and words of love?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails