Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!


 
It amazes me how Christ shines light even in the darkest of places. 

We had a rather Lenty day of Easter Vigil here, but, by evening, were blessed with a beautiful Vigil Mass followed by Coffee and... with fellow parishioners.


We did not have a chance to take a family photo in front of the altar as we have in past years at our old parish, but we did snap one between chatting and eating.




Then, despite getting home after 1 a.m., somebunny was able to hide eggs and fill baskets.


Later,  my earliest riser helped me boil eggs, since we had not had a chance to dye any as we traditionally do on the day before Easter.


She also enjoyed opening her "bed egg" while waiting for her brothers to wake.



Meanwhile I set up our Easter breakfast table with our traditional donut tomb for the risen Jesus. 


Then, finally, the boys arose and the hunt was on!


 Post-hunt and Easter basket time, some of us walked to our local church for Easter morning Mass.


Then, we finally got to doing our Easter eggs.

I am so grateful that even at my children's ages, they will come together with me to do this!


Simple pleasures!


Then, there was cooking and preparing before the extended family festivities, which included an outside Easter egg hunt, feasting, celebrating a birthday, and belatedly celebrating a Christmas pajama stocking exchange since health issues prevented a family Christmas this year.



Truly, it was a day filled with light and love. I am so grateful. 

I pray your Easter season is beautifully blessed.

You can find our Easter archives here.



It was a ble








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails