Sunday, January 24, 2021

Read This Pro-Life Poem

The other night, a child came out to me and asked if I would like to hear a poem. Then, the child began to read the newly penned A Baby's Prayer, A Little Dear.

As the child read delivered the poem - simply and powerfully - tears formed in my eyes.

I asked the child if I could share it and was told, "yes", so am doing do here.

Perhaps the poem will speak to someone's heart.

A Baby's Prayer, A Little Dear

 

A baby's cry, a cry for life in the darkness, begging for life, for rights, begging for love, for care, begging, BEGGING for Mommy to hear.

 

A hardened heart, an unwilling ear, trying, TRYING not to hear, trying, trying not to care.
I don't have the money. I don't have the time.
A hurried decision. A lie for a life. A life for a lie.

 

Please, please, don't make me die.
I'm a child, sweet at heart. I'll love you and care. I won't tear YOU apart.
I know labor's hard, but I beg you from my little heart, from my little hands clasped imploring, from my little brain trying in vain to see how your big brain can think it right to make my world an eternal night...

 

But I know from my little heart with its little beat, you'll do what is right, you'll let me seek that glorious light of life and love. You'll let me share my little joys. You'll help me with my little toys. And you'll let me bring YOU my joy, MY light. I pray as though you might.

 

Hear me, Mommy, hear my prayer.
Don't destroy. Let us share our love - our joy.


It is evident that God has spoken to my child's heart about the beauty and joy of life.

Please join us in praying for the legal protection of the preborn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails