Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gratituesday: Lots of Help!

I just posted about the best Mother's Day gift I have ever received over at our family blog, Wonder and Will.  But, here, I wanted to post about a different Mother-related blessing...

It is May - the Month of Mary.  So, I have been focusing lots of our Jammies School activities on learning about and celebrating the Blessed Mother.  Well, yesterday morning, I got side-tracked from what I should have been doing by "taking a few minutes" to find some Mary Matching cards I thought I had somewhere in my computer files.  I knew the kids would love these after the fun we had with the St. Joseph ones I mentioned in this post.

Well, the "few minutes" turned into nearly an hour with me failing to find the cards in my files and, likewise, failing to find them with an online search, I realized I was doing anything but managing my morning time well.  So, I decided to reach out to a wonderful yahoo group I belong to - The Creative Kingdom -  to see if anyone there might have downloaded similar cards.  Well, lo and behold, the generous and talented owner of the group, Elaine from Commotion from the Ocean of Life, saw my post and not only responded to it, but also used her time and talent yesterday to make and share some wonderful Mary cards with ourY-group.

This morning when I pulled up my email to find these cards, I was so humbled and so grateful.  To think, a busy mom, who has never even met me, took time out of her day to make cards I was searching for to help my family observe the liturgical year...  Thank you, Elaine!

Then, this afternoon, as my daughter snoozed on a blanket in the sun while my son and I played Go Fish, Memory and I Spy with the cards, I was filled with smiles.  Truly, I have a grateful heart, as mother who loves the Divine Mother and appreciates so many other mothers.  Together, may we all work to train up our children (and ourselves!) in the way we should go!

To see what others are thankful for, please head over to Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and check out the links.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Those cards are beautiful! What a great way to use them - games are perfect for toddlers!

Elaine @ Commotion said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm sorry to say that this is the first time that I'd seen this blog post and I'm humbled. Thank you so very much for your kind words and for being a member of my groups. Members like YOU are exactly why I do what I do.

Thank you again, Martianne!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails