Friday, October 6, 2017

There's Still Time to Enjoy King Richard's Faire!

My family and I were thrilled to receive complimentary tickets to one of our favorite fall fun locations again this year: King Richard's Faire!




Truly, we love this local Renaissance Faire
, which is New England's largest and longest-running one and is now in its 36th season, which runs through Columbus Day, Monday, October 22, 2017.

Should you want to enjoy the fun and frolicking of this history-inspired Faire, too, you'll find it
tucked away on 80 acres of shady forest and a sunshiny jousting field off Rt. 58 in Carver, Massachusetts.  There, the King's Realm of Carvershire bustles with a full day of live, interactive entertainment for all ages.

Daring knights jousting on horseback...




Games of skill... 




Hundreds of talented entertainers on eight stages, including, dancers, singers, acrobats, exotic animals, and the King’s royal court greet you when you enter the gates to step back in time at King Richard's Faire.




Food a plenty is for sale, too, as well as loads of wares sold in a 16th century village filled with the more than 100 unique and talented artisans from near and far. 



Admission includes all shows, but you will want to bring cash, too, as entertainers often ask for free-will tips and games and food come at typical additional faire pricing.  No outside food or drink is allowed, but there is one water fountain, so bringing an empty bottle or cup for thirsty young ones is not a bad idea.

My Kiddoes' Thoughts


My oldest, at 11, said:





King Richard's Faire was enjoyable this time.  I enjoyed the jousts as I always do. 

During the joust to the death, when the guys were battling on foot, the stabbing looked so real. 


I also enjoyed watching Daniel Duke of Danger.  He always makes funny jokes and his stunts are really awesome. 



I also enjoyed the Queen Dog with the bacon, but wish they didn't put sauce on it.  (I learned that if you want a plain hotdog, you have to say so.)  Along with the Queen Dog, you get fries.  I don't usually like fries, but those ones tasted good.  They are the only ones in the world I will eat. 


Jacques the Whipper was talented and funny.  He joked that "if I succeed at this trick, we call it, 'why I don't have real facial hair', but if I fail, we call it, 'the French fry" or something like that.

In general, most of the performers I saw were pretty good and funny.  I hope you can enjoy time at King Richard's Faire, too!

My 10 year old said:




King Richard's Faire was fun this year. 

I really enjoyed the jousts this year, because the storyline was different from year before.  It made it more interesting.



Some of my favorite shows were Daniel Duke of Danger, the aerial arts show, and Jacques the Whipper. 

I liked Daniel Duke of Danger, because he is funny and talented for his age.  He can stand on a ladder for a long time! 




I think the aerial art show was really impressive.  The girls do flips on the silks and spin them around to fly around in circles.  They also drop from high on the silks to very low.  It was definitely one of the shows that took the most talent.



I also liked Jacques the Whipper.  It's really impressive when he lights his whip on fire, and he makes funny jokes. 




The food was good, but it isn't the least expensive.

This year, I did not want to do any games or shopping, but I've enjoyed them in the past.

My seven-year-old said:
 

King Richard's Faire is good.  I liked the jousts.  I watched all three.  They were different this year, but still a lot of fun!

I liked the food, too.  The Queen Dog was tasty.  I like it wrapped in bacon with the stuff on top.


I want to go again.

Indeed, every year, my children want to go again.  We never tire of the fun at King Richard's Faire!


More Information

Some days at King Richard's Faire are extra-special ones.  The remaining special events schedule for this season includes:

  • Saturday 10/7, 4p: Harry Potter Trivia and Costume Contest
  • (ages 12+)
  • Saturday 10/14, 4p: Wee Ones Parade for Princes, Princesses, Fairies & Pirates Costume Contest (ages 11 and younger only)
  • Saturday 10/24, 4p: Fantasy Finale Weekend: Adult Costume Contest

Faire hours are 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.  every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday holidays,through October 22, 2017. Tickets are $32 for adults (12+) and $16 for children ages 4-11. Children under 4 are free, and parking is free.

Discounts are given to groups of 25 adults or more, and private parties can be accommodated (birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, anniversary celebrations, and weddings). Groups may make reservations by emailing info@kingrichardsfaire.net.
King Richard’s Faire is located at 235 Main Street (Rt. 58) in Carver, Mass. 02330, phone: 508-866-5391, email: info@kingrichardsfaire.net.

Get social with King Richard’s Faire on Facebook ttp://www.sFairand on Twitter and Instagram @KRFaire.

Enjoy King Richard's Faire before Columbus Day, or look for it again next fall.  Carvershire springs to life anew every year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails