Sunday, August 21, 2016

Paint a Marian Peg Doll



Last fall, creative-but-not-so-crafty me entered into the world of peg doll painting, learning 6 Things NOT to Do for a Peg Doll Swap


http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2015/11/saint-peg-doll-swap.html

Although there were some sighs of frustration while I painted dolls for that initial swap, the result of having done so continues to bless our family.  My children enjoy playing with our peg doll collection, and I like using the dolls to decorate for feast day celebrations.  So, when a friend asked if I'd like to join a local Marian peg doll swap, I offered a little prayer, referenced my own what NOT to do post, and , then, got started painting a set of Our Lady of Altagracia dolls.


As I progressed with the dolls, I took heed of prior mistakes and things went a lot more smoothly.  In fact, although my Our Lady of Altagracia dolls did not come out as beautifully as those painted by craftier folks might have ended up, I am pleased with how they look and actually enjoyed the experience of designing and creating them.




I also had a lovely time swapping the dolls I painted for those that others created. 




Indeed, as I looked over beautiful table my friend organized for the swap, I thought, "Wow!  I have some talented friends."  Each peg doll was charming and unique.

Want to see them up close?

I made sure to take a front-and-back shot of each set of dolls that came to the party so you could be inspired:




January - Our Lady of Altagracia


February - Our Lady of Good Success



March - The Annunciation

 



April - Our Lady of Good Counsel
(This doll set came late to the party, so I only have a solo shot of the one I received.)


May - Our Lady of Fatima



June - The Immaculate Heart



July - Our Lady of Mt. Carmel



August - Our Lady of Knock


September- Our Lady of Sorrows



October - Our Lady of the Rosary


November - Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

December - Our Lady of Guadalupe - is still forthcoming, since the mama who is painting it has not able to finish it yet.



Fronts and backs, aren't these Marian peg dolls sweet?



I am delighted to add them to our growing peg doll collection and hope some of their designs might inspire you to pick up a peg and start painting, too!


I'd love to see your peg doll designs? If you've painted some, please share a link or photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails